Associate professor in the John H. Pickford Chair in Theology
- Th.D. The University of Toronto School of Theology, Toronto, Ontario, 1999. Specializing in the Theology of Karl Barth. (Anthropology and Ethical Ontology)
- Th.M. Regent College, Vancouver, British Columbia, 1994 Specializing in the Theological Anthropology of Origen of Alexandria. (J. I. Packer, Supervisor)
- M.Div. Regent College, Vancouver, British Columbia, 1987
- B.Th. Central Pentecostal College, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, 1983
- Credentialed and Ordained into Pastoral ministry with the Pentecostal assemblies of Canada, serving in various capacities and Churches from 1983- 1994.
- Credentialed as an Ordained minister with the Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec from 1995-2001. Served as senior Pastor from 1999-2001 at Port Colborne Baptist Church, Port Colborne Ontario.
- Currently credentialed as an Ordained minister with The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptists in British Columbia/Yukon district. The credential change occurred as a result of taking a teaching position at Associated Canadian Theological Schools.
- Luigi Giussani, The Religious Sense, tr. J. Zucchi. Montreal & Kingston: McGill-Queens University Press, 1997. Reviewed in the McMaster Journal of Theology and Ministry, Vol. 2, 1999. Link to review
- Luigi Giussani , At the Origins of the Christian Claim, tr. Vivian Hewitt, Montreal & Kingston: McGill-Queens University Press, 1998. Reviewed in the McMaster Journal of Theology and Ministry, Vol. 3, 2000. Link to review
- Clearing a Space for Human Action: Ethical Ontology in the Theology of Karl Barth, New York: Peter Lang Press, October, 2003 (A reworked version of my ThD dissertation)
- “Culture, Community and Commitments: A Response to the Theology of Stanley Grenz”, Scottish Journal of Theology. It has been approved for publication and is forthcoming with a response from Professor Grenz. Link to article
- “The Pluralist and Inclusivist Appeal to General Revelation: A Systematic Theological Investigation”, in Stanley Porter and Anthony Cross, (eds.), Semper Reformandum: Essays in Honor of Clarke Pinnock, London: Paternoster Press, October, 2003. Link to article
Articles on the Northwest Website:
Personal Website and Blog:
Conferences and speaking engagements:
- Evangelical Theological Society, November 2001, Denver, Colorado. Presentation on the theology of Stan Grenz: Culture Community and Commitment: A Response to the Theology of Stan Grenz.
- Evangelical Theological Society, November, 2002, Toronto, Ontario. The Pluralist and Inclusivist Appeal to General Revelation: A Systematic Theological Investigation
- Meeting of Responsibles for Communion and Liberation, La Thuile, Italy. August 23rd, 2003 “The Religious Sense and the Nature of Spiritual Experience: A Reflection on Ps. 63 and the Theology of Luigi Giussani.”
- Meeting of Friends, Rimini, Italy, August 24-30, 2003. This is the largest cultural event in Italy, sponsored by Communion and Liberation, with 1,000,000 in attendance over a period of five days. There I delivered two presentations.
- Session I: A review of Luigi Guissani’s thought on American Protestantism entitled: “Bridging the Catholic Protestant Divide: Luigi Guissani’s Charitable Interpretation of American Protestantism”.
- Session II: Presentation of a paper entitled: “Freedom as the Love of Life, the Good and the Education of Desire: A Prescription for the West”.
- This past February 1-4 I Presented a Paper at an event sponsored by the University Catholica Milano and the Italian Cultural Center of Milano on “The Christo-Ecclesiological Anthropology of Luigi Giussani.I have presented several papers and responses to papers here at ACTS and TWU since 2001.
Courses taught and in preparation for teaching
- Believers Church Theology
- God the Creator Sustainer and Redeemer (God, Christ and Anthropology)
- Redemption Accomplished, Applied and Actualized, (Soteriology, Ecclesiology, Eschatology)
- Introduction to Christian Theology
- Theological Foundations for Christian Ethics
- Christ in Contemporary Theology, (ThM level course in preparation for spring 2005; focus on Contemporary theology through the rubric of Christology)
- Karl Barth and Evangelical Theology, (ThM level course in preparation for fall 2005)
- The Catholic-Evangelical dialogue, (ThM level course in prep for spring, 2006)