Howard Andersen, Ph.D.
Professor of Biblical Languages
Howard brings his keen mind in the areas of leadership, business, and education to our team. When not handling these topics he will gladly teach you a lesson in Greek or Hebrew. He will do all this casually leaning back in his chair, his right foot resting on his left knee because Howard is chill. He is also a great family man.
- Ph.D., New Testament Studies, University of Manchester, 1969
- B.D., Theological Studies, Northwest Baptist Theological College, 1966
- B.Sc., Math and Physics, University of British Columbia, 1963
- Contributed some 30 articles to "The Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible." 6 volumes. Zondervan. Grand Rapids. 1975.
- Contributions to various denominational magazines.
- Greek language and exegesis courses
- Hebrew language and exegesis courses
- Calculus courses for undergraduate business students
- Statistics courses and seminars for undergraduate and graduate students in nursing, education and family therapy programs
- Professor of Biblical Languages, 2013-present
- Dean, Northwest College and Seminary, 2013-2022
- Academic Director, ACTS Seminary, 2016-2020
- Interim Academic Dean, ACTS Seminary, 2004-2009
- Adjunct Teaching, 1993-2013
- Owner and President, Howard Anderson & Associates, Venture Capital Consulting Firm, 1982-1993
- Senior Pastor, Ebenezer Baptist Church, 1979-1982
- Northwest Baptist Theological College, 1969-1979
- President, 1976-79
- Dean, 1972-1976
- Assistant Dean, 1969-1972
- Issues in ancient languages, especially syntax, and issues in general and cultural hermeneutics; Also computer assisted language learning and exegesis.
- Walking in nature; travelling, especially cruising; woodworking, something I’ve done all my life; reading in culture and politics.