President's Pen - June 2022
When I read through the articles for this issue of Northwest News a theme becomes very obvious: transitions. We are really on the cusp of a new era for Northwest.
- Our new President, Dr. Barton Priebe, starts Aug 1
- Our new Dean, Dr. Jonathan Numada, is already making a significant contribution
- Dr. Don Chang has been promoted to Associate Professor, Biblical Studies
- Dr. Jeehoon Kim is replacing Dr. Numada as our new Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies
We have also made changes in our administration.
- Tatiane Periera de Silva is our new Program Coordinator, assisting the Dean’s Office and Registrar
- Carol Curran is our new Operations Coordinator, supporting partner management and HR
- Rev. Leesoo Kim is our new Assistant Director of Korean Language CBTE Programs
- Nikki Lanigan has transitioned into the role Student Services Coordinator and Communication
We are grateful to God for the provision of such wonderful people to serve on our team. I am constantly amazed at the quality of this team, from their dedication to scholarship, academics and administration, to their compassionate and caring hearts for our students and each other.
This will be my last President’s Pen as I hand the “quill” to Barton and return to a leadership role in Operations. I have been honoured to serve Northwest as Interim President this past year and a half, and look forward to working with Barton to continue serving God’s kingdom through theological education and leadership development.